BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Blog List

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mushroom Hunting...another first!

Today was a good day!  I had my first opportunity to go mushroom hunting with my hubby and father-in-law.  I've heard of people doing this, but never considered it an option for me.  You see I'm not a big woods type of person, and I'm terrified of slithery, slimy animals.  But they assured me that it was still on the cold side for those horrible creatures, so I figured why not?!  His Dad took us out far into the woods and set us free.  Since this was my first trip his dad took me under his wing, and showed me the ropes.  He was finding mushrooms within the first 5 minutes and WOW are they hard to spot.  The next step, he found them and told me the general area to look, to see if I could find them myself.  It was like playing a version of "Where's Waldo", but soon I was getting good at the game.  I learned all the good spots to hunt and had some quality time with the hubby and father-in-law, what a wonderful afternoon.  Our final count for the day was 85 mushrooms, and before you ask "NO, I don't eat them!" 


Then we headed over to the barn to feed my chickens.  About a month ago we got 2 more roosters, in hopes of having some baby chicks.  Well my hens have been laying eggs like crazy, and today I saw this....she's actually sitting on her nest!  I might get some baby chicks after all :)


0 comments: