BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Blog List

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Learning to let go...

As you've probably noticed my blogs as of late have been very emotional.  I promise this will be the last for awhile, and we'll get back to the country living!  But I find my blog to be very therapeutic for me, a place where I can write things that just won't come out of my mouth the same as they are in my head.  I read a tip from Biggest Loser Jillian Michaels last week, I'm a huge fan of hers.  She said that we have to learn to let things go...but continuing to let things fester, hold grudges, be angry, it just drains us emotionally.  Let go of the negativity in your life, and you will become unstoppable!  That exact same thought was reinforced last week as well when I received a much needed phone call.  I was given the same message, why do you continue banging your head into a wall?  At some point you have to realize that some people will never change to become who you want them to be.  I can't express how much that call meant to me, I love you!

So I wonder does letting go mean removing people from your life?  Does it mean forgiving those who have hurt you and starting fresh?  Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, at times it can be hard, and too often it's not given.  What if it's a relationship that has caused continued hurt over the years?  It is possible that people don't know all the hurt they cause?  What if you forgive and start anew only to be hurt again?  When does it come to a point where you can no longer be a part of my life? 

I can no longer be the one who tries to fix every one's problems.  I will certainly continue to give advice if asked, but please be prepared for my honest opinion.  We control our own destiny, we can't fault others for our failures.  The good things in life must be worked towards and earned, so the best offer I can give is to learn to help yourself. 

Relationships are a two way street!  No big secret there huh?  But if you don't have a relationship with someone, perhaps it's because you aren't making the effort.  And by making the effort I mean pick-up the phone, invite them over for dinner, go visit them in their home, heck take a vacation with them.  Because if you don't make the effort they will continue to slip away from you.  There are some relationships that I'm envious of, simply because it's one I've never experienced in my life.  Perhaps not having these relationships has made me better, and made the relationships I do have stronger.   

I feel like I'm in a really good place in life now.  I'm finishing up my first semester at UT, I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, and some lifelong friends.  I've made my way back to church, and it's had a postive impact on my entire family's life.  So I'm no longer going to let the negativity get me down, so if you want to be in my life see above!

0 comments: